Tuesday, June 5, 2012

From the Doctor's Diary- 51- Deliverance from the enemy that pursues


A new venture for Christ was initiated by me and family in March 2012 and as the work took root, there was immediate opposition from the enemy. And this time it was bad. It started with a headache that I experienced while at the clinic. By the end of the day it was severe and I took some analgesics for the same and went to sleep with my head feeling heavy. When I woke up the next morning, the ache had eased a bit but my neck was stiff and I had excruciating pain on turning my head to the left side. It was terrible and I took more analgesics. I checked my blood pressure and found it unusually high. I was in a dilemma; was the high blood pressure causing the pain or was it the other way around? I could not even wear my tie as the pain increased immediately. We prayed as a family and also asked for prayer support from our church members.  I took some tablets for the high blood pressure too. While in prayer, one of those days, the Holy Spirit impressed upon me that this was an attack by evil spiritual forces against the gospel work that I had initiated recently.

The neck pain and stiffness continued for a week. On our day of worship, we as a family sat together and worshipped the Almighty instead of attending Church. I spoke the Word from Mark 16, wherein we read of  the women going early in the morning to Jesus’ tomb to anoint his body with spices. The thing that they were worried about though was……"Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?" (Mark 16:3). But the miracle had already taken place. To their amazement, they saw that the large stone was rolled away for them.

After worship, as I relaxed, I noticed that the stiffness in my neck was no longer there. I could move my neck freely. God had wrought a miracle. I praised God for his mercy and compassion. That afternoon, we had to go out for lunch with a few friends. After lunch, I felt a distressing pain on the right side of mid-back area. Now what was this I thought? I had received deliverance just a couple of hours back. “The enemy doesn’t give up easily”, was what the Lord brought to my mind as I sat in prayer. As I pen this, I remember how Pharaoh and his men pursued the Israelites, though the Israelites had found freedom from the Egyptians by observing the Passover. God did a miracle then and the Israelites walked through the Red sea to safety, while the pursuers were drowned. Here and now, I rebuked the evil forces while in prayer and by the end of the day, I was free from the back pain as well. God is good, all the time. I praise his holy name.

No comments:

Post a Comment