Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary- 12 - Jesus Saves

" Because he loves me, says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." (Psalms 91:14)

Jesus has averted many potentially disastrous accidents in our lives. I remember one incident in particular. After finishing my work for the day at the clinic, I walked to my car parked in the vicinity of the clinic. I started my car and had just moved forward turning to the right, when I heard a snapping sound at the left front of the vehicle. Disembarking to check after stopping the car, to my shock I found the left joint wheel broken and the left tyre lying in an ackward position.

After getting a mechanic and having the thing fixed, as I travelled, I thought of the incident. It may look trivial on the whole but suppose it had happened in the middle of traffic or at a busy intersection or when the vehicle was in full speed; the consequences would have been disastrous. Jesus averted a great calamity by letting the thing that happened, only just as I started the vehicle.

Often we as believers tend to consider such happenings as trivial or of no importance when infact God works silently day in and day out averting dangers and disasters for us. May all the glory be to Him for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment