Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From The Doctor's Diary- 47- Demon's Everywhere

It was around 6 am one Sunday. We were getting ready to leave for our morning worship. My wife and children were still dressing.

Those days we were living in a neighbourhood with many non-Christian homes surrounding us. They never approved our kind of worship. We suspected them of working against us through witchcraft too, praying to their idols to thwart our worship and work for the Lord.

This morning as I opened the front door and walked out to get my car ready, I saw a Hibiscus flower lying on my doorstep. Very unusual I thought. How could this land up on my doorstep so early in the morning.

Surely these are my enemies putting this (idol) prayed over object at my doorstep. Creating obstacles for me.

Anger surged through me. I stamped on the flower and rebuked the demon vociferously in Jesus name. Still seething with anger, I was contemplating my next move.

"Dad", my elder daughter called ,as she came out to join me. "Dad, did you see the Hibiscus flower that I dropped while I came in, she asked?

"Flower!! You mean to say…………………. And I could not find many words to tell her what I had just done. She picked up the crushed flower and asked me, "Dad, how did this happen?"

Well……………well…………I just rebuked it, I muttered. You, what? She stared at me in surprise.

Oh! Nothing! I said and burst out laughing realising my blunder.. How preposterous it was ; doing such a fooling thing. That's how we Preachers are. We get carried away too much some times.

We had a good laugh regarding this at the worship too when I recounted the story during my preaching.

Moral
There's no demon hiding behind every soap dish. Unless ofcourse your soap dish is a great blessing to you; in which case he( the evil one ) may fight tooth and nail to snatch it from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment