Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary-21-Only one way to the Father

I had been to my Chartered Accountant's office the other day for submitting certain forms and after the official work, the talk shifted to spiritual matters.

I had no knowledge of his spiritual state or his personal relationship with the Lord Jesus.He asked me why I had shifted to the Pentecostal denomination leaving a mainline Protestant Church. I told him that there was a phase in my life where I had to face several mountainous problems that crushed my life and the leaders in my Church were not able to help me out of those situations. The Pentecostal brothers and sisters at the church that we were led by God to attend showed us the way to deliverance by Jesus through the Word Of God.They taught us how things can change dramatically by fasting and prayer.

My chartered accountant opined that one can attain salvation in whichever denomination one attended.

I asked him about the idolatrous practices of some of the mainline denominational churches and he replied that there were problems in all denominations, leave alone the mainline."All one has to do to attain salvation is live a good life and do good works", he added.

My next question to him was whether he believed that all who lived a good life would attain salvation irrespective of whether they believed in Jesus and he said yes.

So you believe that there are other ways to the Father other than Jesus?I asked.

Yes, I believe he replied.

I had to stop my talk with him there because both of us had other things to attend to. I am praying to God that I get another chance to speak to him about Jesus.

What do you think? Is there any other way to the Father and Heaven.

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

A Christian cannot have 2 opinions regarding this; either you believe the whole truth or you reject it totally.

So, what's your opinion? Have you made your decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment