Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary- 8 - There is only one judge

One of the things that often rattled me in the early days of my work for God was people failing to act on the Godly counsel or prophecy I had given them.

When they did not follow my instruction, sometimes I would almost try to attack them with the Word of God. The next 4-5 messages would be directed against that person in particular. You know the sort of messages that come up from inside you when the Godly counsel that you give is not obeyed. Let me name a few;
"The angel standing in Balaam's way"
"The punishment of Eli & his sons"
"The destruction of Saul"
"The destruction of Achan"
"The destruction of Dathan, Abiram…………"
"Miriam getting leprosy"……………
and so on and so forth.

Frustration set in slowly.
My question to Jesus was why?

Why don't they obey? After all it is your Word that I'm telling them. Then why don't they obey? After a few days of persistence, Jesus answered and said, "It's your job to tell them what you are told by me. Whether they obey or not, is not your problem, but theirs and after prophesying you can leave the rest to me. When it’s my time to judge, I will judge. Leave that part to me."

I felt that His words were tough, but it gave me more insight into His Word.

God in his mercy gives us a word or two as prophecy, but we often mistake it as God has given us authority to judge another believer or servant of God; which in fact is totally wrong. Of course we'll be judging even angels according to the Word of God, but that's a little while away.

Moral

The Bible says, "There is only one law giver and judge, the one who is able to save and destroy." (James 4:12). And that is JESUS.

The servant's job is to listen to the Master's voice, give the message God has given Him and leave the judging part to the Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment