Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary- 22 - Jesus Heals

Our loving Heavenly Father says,
“As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it”(Isaiah 55:10, 11).

Many years back, I suffered from severe tonsillitis for 6 yrs. Atleast twice a year this sickness used to trouble me and when it happened, I found it very difficult to swallow food and even water for atleast a week. I used to sit up all night with fever. My throat used to dry up and I would walk here and there in my room, not knowing what to do. Medicines only had a temporary effect on my sickness but no cure. My medical college professors said that it was due to allergy that this happened.

In 1992 I suffered greatly because of this ailment. I did everything that I could. I had my medicines regularly, I prayed with fervour. Those were the days when I had started learning the Word of God and knowing of what faith in God can do for me. I used to hear a lot of Christian Radio Programmes. One evening someome gave me an audio cassette titled “Living stone and success”. The preacher spoke authoritatively from the Word and then said that he was going to pray for the sick and that those who needed healing may come forward.

I thought in my mind, “It’s true that this message was preached 10 years ago. But if God healed people then, he was able enough to heal me now”
The preacher said, “Lay your right hand on the part of your body that is sick and now let’s pray!”

Quickly I laid my hand on my throat and cried out to God, “God, have mercy and heal me;I am suffering greatly”. “Be healed in Jesus Name”, the preacher said as he prayed. Suddenly I felt a warmth come all over my body. All the pain in my throat vanished. All the fever departed. I felt a new power surge through my body. I knew God had healed me. I praised him loudly, giving thanks for his wonderful love.
It’s been 10 years since the Lord healed me of tonsillitis and till today it has never recurred. Great is his faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment