Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary-40- How God Speaks-2

“Who remembered us in our low estate; for his mercy endures for ever.” (Psalms 136:24)

One Sunday I was invited to attend a Bible College Worship and deliver a message from the Word Of God, but when I woke up that morning, I felt really sick in my stomach. I had griping pain and loose motions. Usually I fast on Sunday mornings and eat food only after the worship, but this time I couldn’t help it, so I took some medicines for the ailment. As the time drew near for me to travel to the venue, I had a fear in my mind whether I could really make it to the venue and preach because my stomach was in a bad condition. I was praying and praising God for this problem to go away but there was no relief. In between a thought came to my mind that I should perhaps call my hosts and tell them that I wouldn’t be coming, but this program had been arranged a long while ago and a last minute cancellation could mean problems for the college authorities. So I just kept praying and hoping that God would heal and everything would be OK.

My message was all ready, but contemplating on whether I should cancel my trip that morning, it just came to my mind to pick a book from the shelf and read a bit. It was a true life story of Harold Morris, the author of “Twice Pardoned” (a great read). This book was called “Beyond The Barriers” and I just opened it casually to a page and I was just stunned at the words that leapt in my face the moment I opened the book. It was God speaking to me directly in my situation. Here is what it said.
“One thing I know about you is that you are not a quitter, you can surely do it.”
I did not check what was really happening in the book or who was saying to whom, but God here was directly speaking to me. I was so over whelmed with tears of joy flowing down my cheeks. God had spoken and I didn’t need any more assurances. That morning as I traveled and as I attended the Bible College worship, I just kept thanking God for His love and care for me and my family.

I didn’t have much problems with my tummy after the words that God had spoken to me through the book that morning. I could preach well to the students at the Bible College that morning and it was a good day for me and my family.

Praise God that He speaks to us and comforts us in our times of distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment