Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary- 20 - Be a link in God's plan

"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."(Mark 8:38)
A lot of Medical Representatives come to visit me at my Clinic everyday. I take this opportunity to either talk to them about their spiritual life or if I am busy, just hand out a gospel tract or booklet. Most of them are non-Christians and are often surprised at my gesture. Some of them respond by asking questions then itself or at a later date.

One of the guys who is a non-Christian just thought of trying out this God that I believe in. He dropped a letter in the prayer request box kept outside my consulting room. My assistant handed me the letter as I was about to leave the Clinic after a hectic time of work. I did not open or read the letter but gave it back to him and told him that he could pray for that topic as he assisted me in my Gospel work.

A couple of weeks later a medical representative walked into my consulting room after taking permission outside and told me that he had not come to brief me about his company’s products but to thank me for praying for his prayer request. I asked him what his problem was and he said that a couple of weeks earlier he had put a prayer request in the box outside, since he was undergoing terrible mental strain and had been unable to sleep even a couple of hours at night since the past several months. Your “Jesus” he said delivered me from my mental strain and now I am able to sleep well. Thank you Doctor for your prayers, he said. His joy was clearly visible as he spoke and I rejoiced with him.

Looking back, I realize I didn’t do much to get the deliverance for him from Jesus. I was just a link in God’s plan for his deliverance. So was my assistant. Just as links on a web page that lead to other desired pages, God uses His children as links in His great plan for this world of ours.

Shall we be faithful then in the task that God has placed in our hands to spread the good news of the Gospel wherever we in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment