Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary-17-Taste & See that the Lord is Good

My wife came to know Christ through the healing that she received from Him.

She had experienced the love of God in a great measure from her childhood onwards. Abundant blessings materially and physically and great peace of mind were gifted to her from God. Her friends and teachers were always eager to know the secret of her all round success.
As she grew up she often used to ask God, “God, why is it that others around me do not experience this great peace that I have? God what is your intention regarding this world filled with unrest and sorrow?”
To her persistant questions to Him, God decided to show her what will happen if he removed his abundant love upon her life.

On March 13th 1983, almost suddenly her mother fell ill. Her life which was a bed of roses till then fell apart almost immediately. She hoped that everything would comeback to normal but things started worsening. She cried to God but he seemed to keep very silent. Every new day brought new troubles. She lost her peace of mind. She felt as if her prayers would never be heard by God again. She started experiencing throbbing headaches.
She wondered, “Is this God’s wrath upon me?”“Perhaps I am very sinful in God’s sight”“Why is God allowing all this?”
She used to vomit all the food that she ate. This made her very weak and tired.
She couldn’t concentrate on her studies. The medicines that she took made her more weary.

One evening, after a few months of bodily and mental agony, her friend called her to play.
She thought in her mind, “I’ll play as much as I can today and then die.”For 2 full hours she played badminton. After that her condition worsened. She couldn’t breathe properly. She could not bring words to her mouth to express herself. She felt as though her head would burst any moment because of the headaches. Her surroundings seemed to be blurring. Clutching the walls, she climbed the stairs to her 2nd floor flat with much difficulty and flung herself upon the bed. Death seemed to be very close to her. Panting heavily and suffering greatly, her thoughts shifted once again to God. She said to herself,
“If God heals me now, I will know that he exists, otherwise I will believe that what I thought of him till today was all a lie.”
While she lay thus, her eyes fell upon a New Testament lying close to her on the bed. She reached out and opened it. The verse that she read made her laugh inside her.

It said
“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you”(John 14:18).
All these days she was crying for a healing which never came and now this verse was promising someone coming close to comfort.

Her eyes fell on another verse, It said,
“You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it”(John 14:14).
She read the verse more carefully. Who is this who promises to give anything? What is this name that promises this? When she read a few more verses the knew that it was Jesus, the son of God who promised to give anything that was asked in his name. Till now in her life she had never asked anything in Jesus’ name. She had known God and prayed to him, but due to the lack of knowledge of the Word, never known that Jesus was the cornerstone of her faith and that it was Jesus’ name that mattered most. A new hope sprung up in her. She said to herself,
Jesus says, “If I ask anything in his name, he will give it to me”
“Dear Jesus, she cried, my body and mind need healing. Kindly let this headache go away. I cannot bear it anymore. Kindly heal me dear Jesus.”Time seemed to stand still.
Then she said, “I have done what I had to do, now you must do what you say dear Jesus.”

She started counting the moments in her mind. As she counted to 5, she heard a clicking sound on the right side of her head and the headache disappeared immediately. A great change came over her body and mind. She felt like a new strength coming into her body. Her whole being was flooded with his presence.
Her heart swelled with praise and gratitude towards him. She praised and thanked God for his loving kindness.

That very evening, she accepted Jesus as her Lord and Saviour.
Thus she realized a great truth that day, that the King of kings and Lord of Lords still lives and has all authority with him to heal and deliver.

It's been 22 years since that day and never once has the Lord left her nor forsaken her even in life's most trying situations.Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment