Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary-33- He who takes crooked paths......

"The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out." (Proverbs 10:9)

I remember an incident from my childhood when I hid my marklist from my mother because I had very poor grades in a language. I thought I had safely hid it under our mattress and was feeling rather secure that my plan had worked when no one found it for a week or two. Then suddenly one day, my mother happened to search for something that my sister had lost and there she stood now with the marklist in her hands. That situation needed a lot of explanation on my part and the going was tough.

In the Word Of God, we see of God's marvellous ways of finding the culprits who do wrong and then keep mum about it thinking that no one will find it out.

Joshua, who lead Israel after Moses, once encountered a grand failure at a place called Ai because one of the Israelites had sinned by taking devoted things from the defeated enemy at Jericho.
Joshua cried to the Lord when he and the Israelites were defeated. God told him that there was sin in the camp and someone had taken devoted things from the enemy at Jericho.

And then the story goes thus....
Early the next morning Joshua had Israel come forward by tribes, and Judah was taken. The clans of Judah came forward, and he took the Zerahites. He had the clan of the Zerahites come forward by families, and Zimri was taken. Joshua had his family come forward man by man, and Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, was taken. (Joshua 7:16-18)

So as the proverb goes, "he who takes crooked paths will be found out" (how much ever he may try to hide his sin)

Recently I was astounded by someone sending me a devotional by e-mail. Well! What can be so astounding on getting a devotional by e-mail? Nothing much except that it was a devotional that I had written and mailed to many; now it had returned to me with a new name under it. When I enquired of the fellow of why he (an evangelist) had done so, he apologized but he didn't stop doing it. I visited his website and there they were:all my weekly devotionals and now he had his name under it, telling all that it was his work. God bless him.

I believe some day God will speak to him about it, for the Word is 100% true and it says that "he who takes crooked paths will be found out."
Praise God for His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment