Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary-26- Have I ever done you any wrong?

Spiritual lows are frequent in the lives of believers and it's nothing different for me even though I am a teacher and preacher of the Word.One night as I sat to pray, I could think of nothing else than all the problems in my life. One added upon one as I started thinking and it seemed to be like a huge mountain in the end.

So I started complaining to the Lord about all the problems and the causes of the problems and the persons involved.

It must have been quite a while that I kept on and when I finally did end, I dozed off a bit and in the semi-sleep stage, the Lord startled me with His unmistakable voice and said, "Son, have I ever done you any wrong?"

That question not only made me awake again but also brought tears to my eyes and I replied to the Lord,"No, Lord, you have never ever done me any wrong, only good."

Yes, Our God is the God of all compassion. He says,

" I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." (Jeremiah 31:3)

No matter what the problem in our lives, He is always there to help and heal, save and deliver. Praise God for such a Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment