Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the Doctor’s Diary-37- How God Speaks-1

One of the gifts that the Lord has blessed me with is "The word of wisdom" and "The word of knowledge"

The Lord speaks very clearly to specific situations that I encounter in my life and my ministry.

Recently after I preached at a meeting, a believer came to me and asked me, "Doctor, can you pray and tell me whether it's the Lord's will that I go into fulltime ministry or that I continue doing my secular job in the gulf.You see a couple of servants of God have told me that it's the Lord's will that I go into full time ministry and i need a confirmation."

That night as I sat to pray for this brother, I heard the Lord's voice saying,"Yes,I have called him to my work fulltime."I made this known to the brother who had enquired this of me.But he said,"I have already booked my tickets to go back to the gulf. I don't think I want to go into fulltime ministry now. Can you pray for me once more and let me know what the Lord has to say regarding my going back." Not wanting to disappoint him, I said OK.

The next night as I sat for prayer, I asked the Lord what he had to say about the brother's decision. After a while, I heard the voice of the Lord and He said,"If he wants to go to the gulf, let him go and he will not have anyone but himself to blame for the consequences."

I made this known to the brother and he didn't say much; he had already made up his mind to go against the Lord's directions. This inspite of God speaking to him through several people.

What I tell the people in my Church is this:If you want to ask the Lord for directions, obey what He tells you to do, otherwise don't ask at all.
There is no point in disobeying when the Lord shows you the way. It will only lead to disaster.

The Bible says,
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own nderstanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. (Proverbs 3:5-8)

May the Lord Jesus grant us grace to obey His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment